Travel flat irons are of different types for you to choose from. But choosing the best one that surpass in quality, durability and performance is the most important aspect to be kept in the mind. Other than going by the appealing color, design and attractive looks of the device, you should first make sure that they come with all the essential features and technological integrations that are mandatory for a professional travel flat iron.
A best quality professional styling rod should be equipped with features like small, compact, light weight and ergonomic design along with dual or universal voltage facility. The size and weight of a travel size styler should be such that it can be easily carried in your handbag where ever you go. The universal voltage feature is compulsory for a travel rod to enable it to be used anywhere in the world without worrying about the voltage requirement of that country. This will also help in ensuring that your hair is maintained at its best even when you are away from your place.
Best Travel Flat Irons & Straighteners (2020 Update)
AmoVee Mini Flat Iron Smart Ceramic Tourmaline Hair Straightener for Travel, Black
This mini flat iron is perfect to throw in your bag and get smooth, straight hair anytime, anywhere! And at a super affordable price, you’d be mad not to give it a go! This flat iron is 7.9 inches long with a plate width of 0.79 inches. It is suitable for normal straightening but also particularly great if you have bangs, shorter hair, or even need to get at beard hair or similar. It has tourmaline ceramic plate technology which is known for heating up evenly. This can be safer for your hair as it won’t overheat and cause heat damage. It will also allow for more effective and consistent results.
The straightener has a fixed high heat of 410F and it takes 3 minutes to heat up to this temperature. It is perfect for straightening but also easy to angle and move for curling, styling and adding volume. The 3D floating plates mean you will have a super-smooth straightening experience and shouldn’t experience any snagging or pulling of the hair as you pass the straightener over it. The flat iron is easy to use with a simple on / off switch and power indicator light. It has a 360 degree swivel cord for freedom to angle it as you need and the comfortable grip also gives you more control. The safety lock and heat-resistant glove make this ideal for travelling.
- Mini flat iron, 7.9 inches by 0.79 inches
- One temperature of 410F
- Comes with heat-resistant glove
- Mini and lightweight make it best for shorter hair that can be hard to style
- Super affordable
- Floating plate technology for smoother experience
- Temperature not adjustable
- Better for short or thin hair
BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Mini Hair Straightening Iron
From Babyliss, the king of hair styling tools, check out this handheld, mini travel flat iron, perfect for keeping your hair sleek and smooth while travelling, at the gym, or even at work! The BabylissPro Nano plates leave hair feeling smooth, straight and without frizz. The compact size and lightweight material make this iron excellent for travel. The plates are 1 inch, while the body of the flat iron is 6 inches total, so you can easily pack it pretty much anywhere. The small size does make it better suited to shorter or mid-length hair, but it can still be effective on any hair type, just make sure to take smaller sections on longer hair.
This travel flat iron heats up to a powerful 440F with fast heating-up time. It is super easy to use, just switch it on, let it warm up and you’re ready to go. It also has worldwide dual voltage meaning you can take it to global destinations without any problems.
- Nano titanium-plated flat iron
- Mini size with 1 inch plates and 6 inch body length
- Heats up to 440F
- Smooth, sleek results with frizz reduction
- Small and compact size and dual voltage make it best for travelling
- Rubber grips to keep your fingers cool while styling and for more precision control
- You cannot adjust the temperature
- Some people found the body would heat up during use and be hot to touch
Lovani Mini Portable Flat Iron Tourmaline Ceramic
Are you looking for the best hair straightener not only to straighten while travelling, but also curl, flip or style your hair on the move? Look no further. The Lovani mini flat iron has a unique rounded body shape that makes it the best for curling. The easy-grip shell and handle also give you more control for creating the ultimate curls or flips. This travel flat iron has Ceramic Tourmaline plates which heat up evenly and should help avoid damage to your locks. The hair straightener emits negative ions which help to reduce frizz and flyaways and leave your hair smooth and shiny.
This travel flat iron heats up quickly in just 30 seconds and reaches a heat of 410F. It has a quick heat recovery, but comes with a heat-resistant carry bag so if you are in a hurry, don’t worry, you can pack these away straight after use. There is an indicator light that lets you know when the hair straightener is on or off. The super-mini size makes this one of the best travel flat irons with just a 0.5 inch plate and 7.1 inch body.
- Ceramic Tourmaline plates
- 0.5 inch plate with 7.1 inch body
- Comes with heat-proof carry bag
- Rounded edges best for curling as well as straightening
- Ergonomic, non-slip handle
- Floating plates reduce snagging and pulling of hair during use
- Non-adjustable temperature
- Extra thin plate not best for some types of hair
6th Sense 2 in 1 Mini Flat Iron Curling Iron
If you are looking for a travel flat iron with personality, definitely check out this number from 6th sense. With gold plates and leopard print heat-resistant carry bag, will you not only have sleek, straight tresses on the go, but can also travel in style. This is actually a great option if you are looking for the best travel flat iron for curling and straightening.
The travel iron is 11 inches long, making it longer than many mini irons but still more compact and lightweight than a standard iron, so it tucks away easily into your handbag or luggage. If a mini is too small for your hair, this could be the perfect alternative. It is a one-temperature iron and heats up to 375F. It is dual voltage so with the right adaptor, it should be fine in most destinations.
- Nano Titanium-plated
- 1 inch plates and 11 inches total length
- One temperature only of 375F
- Plate design means this straightener is ideal for 2 in 1 straightening and curling
- Larger than most travel irons but more compact than standard flat irons make it perfect for throwing in your bag and still getting top results
- Dual voltage and comes with carry case, perfect for travel
- Not as small as many travel irons
- Some people found their hair snagged or got caught in the plates
Salona Hair Straightener and curler- 1 inch Titanium-plated Flat Iron
If you are looking for a full-sized, full-powered and fully-adjustable straightener, check out this model from Salona. It is a metal-plated device, meaning you get a fast heating, smooth experience. It uses infrared heat to leave your hair silky straight, as well as producing negative ions that reduce frizz. It is well-suited to curling your hair due to its slim size and curved edges. The ideal 2 in 1 tool for home and away.
This straightener has a range of adjustable heats from 255F to 400F. It heats up quickly and you can keep check on the temperature on the LED screen. This flat iron is also totally adapted to travel. It comes with a heat-proof carry case as well as 3 different international adaptors, so you are set to go pretty much anywhere! It shuts off automatically after 1 hour if it detects non-use, so you can have peace of mind about accidentally leaving it plugged in in your hotel room.
- Metal-coated 1 inch plates
- Adjustable temperature between 255F and 400F
- Comes with heat-resistant carry bag and 3 international adaptor plugs
- Floating plates to avoid snagging and pulling
- Adjustable temperature for whatever your hair type
- Well-suited to travelling
- Not as small as travel straighteners
- Despite floating plates some people still found it snagged hair
AmoVee 2 in 1 Mini Flat Iron Titanium-Coated, 1 inch, Black
This premium-quality travel size styling tool can magically change from hair straighteners to curling wand with just the press of a button. And I’m not just talking learning the trick of using your straighteners to curl the hair, but actually when the two sides of the travel hair straightener close and lock together, they turn into a curling wand and you can activate a little handle to hold the hair in place when you curl. Neat, huh?
This travel hair straightener heats up super quickly to work efficiently on your hair and create gorgeous smooth results. The iron is 1 inch wide and 10 inches long which makes it a decent size for styling but still small, compact and easy to carry. It heats up to a fixed temperature of around 380F (between 365F and 420F). It also has a fast heat-up time. The product comes with a long, 360 degree swivel cord which means you can angle it as necessary and have freedom to move around when styling. It is dual voltage and comes with a lovely, heat-resistant carrying case making it a hair straightener best for travel.
- Black-titanium plates
- 1 inch wide and 10 inches long
- Fixed temperature of around 380F
- Comes with carry case and swivel cord
- 2 in 1 straightener and curler make this a versatile travel tool
- Dual voltage which makes these some of the best travel flat irons for international travel
- Compact travel size make this best for taking on holiday, to the gym or even keeping at your desk at work
- Fixed temperature only
- Some people found it snagged hair
Wazor Professional Ionic Hair Straightener, 4/5 Inch, Red
The lightweight and compact design of the Wazor Professional straightener, make this one of the best travel flat irons to take with you on any trip. The plates of this model use Tourmaline Ceramic technology to create smooth results that keep hair hydrated and remove frizz and static. The plates are between 4 and 5 inches long, and are non-fixed, floating plates which allow them to adjust to tension and create a smoother experience with less snagging.
These travel hair straighteners warm up to 400F, and take 60 seconds to reach this temperature. The design of the model is sleek and ergonomic, making it easy to grip and operate. It can be used for curling as well as straightening and adding volume and style. The travel hair straightener has dual voltage, a long, 360 degree swivel cord, and a handle lock, making this one of the best tools to have on the move.
- Tourmaline ceramic-plated design
- 4/ 5 inch plate length
- Single heat device at 400F
- Tourmaline ceramic technology keeps locks moisturised and reduced frizz and static
- Compact size and ergonomic design means easy to operate and carry with you on the move
- Dual voltage means this can be used for international travel
- 1 year replacement, 2 year repair
- Can take a long time to straighten very coarse, long hair
- Has a single temperature setting which is non-adjustable
PRITECH Portable Mini Cordless Hair Straightener for Travel
If you are looking for the best travel flat iron that is portable and cordless, check out the hot pink mini flat iron from PRITECH. This cordless device is USB rechargeable, and gives you the freedom to use it any time, anywhere. It takes around 4 hours to charge for 20 to 30 minutes use. This flat iron has ceramic plates, and along with the floating plate design and built in tooth comb, you can expect straight, smooth results.
It has 3 different temperature settings, 330F, 365F and 400F. It is easy to use with one button which you can hold for 3 seconds to lock the temperature. It is 7.8 inches long which is a handy size for travel, and the dual voltage means it can be used internationally.
- Ceramic-plated travel hair straighteners
- 3 temperature settings with LED indicator light
- Portable and USB rechargeable
- Ceramic plates retain even heat and don’t pull hair
- USB charger is the same as an android charger and can easily be charged anywhere including the car or a portable charging brick
- 3 different heat settings means you can adapt to your hair type
- Best for short or thin hair
- The battery life is not that long
JYfeel 2 in 1 Travel Ceramic Flat Iron Dual Voltage, 1 Inch, Rose Gold
As well as the gorgeous rose gold aesthetic, if you are looking for the best travel flat iron that turns into a curling wand, you may want to consider this flat iron by JYfeel. You can use it as a straightener, or lock the plates together to create a curling wand, where you can wrap and hold hair by releasing the curling handle. The flat iron has ceramic plates that maintain an even and optimum heat for your hair.
This flat iron heats up to a fixed heat of 410F which should be high enough to leave any hair type silky smooth. The small, compact size of 10-inch length and 1 inch width is best for travel but means that this small size iron is better suited to short to mid-length hair, and hair that isn’t overly coarse. This iron has dual voltage so you can take it with you traveling without issues.
- Ceramic-plated flat iron
- 1 inch width and 10 inch length
- Fixed temperature of 410F
- 2 in 1 design means this travel size straightening iron can turn into a curling wand
- Portable size make it perfect to pack away easily for trips
- Dual voltage and heat-resistant bag make these the ideal travel straighteners
- One fixed non-adjustable temperature setting
- Not well-suited for very long or thicker hair
FURIDEN Mini Travel Size Flat Iron, Dual Voltage
For a straightening iron that is super simple to use, check out the Furiden mini iron. It doesn’t get much simpler than a one-step design, where you simply twist the end of the hair straighteners to operate and change the temperature. This flat iron has Tourmaline Ceramic plates which are gentle, yet effective on the hair.
The device is 1 inch wide and 8.6 inches long and the plates have a super-quick heat-up time of just 15 seconds. This flat iron also has 2 temperature settings at 355F and 430F allowing you to choose the best temperature for your hair and avoid damage. The flat iron design means these travel hair straighteners can be used for curling and styling as well as straightening. The dual voltage and automatic shut off feature also make this one of the best travel hair tools.
- Tourmaline Ceramic plates
- 1 inch wide and 8.6 inches long
- Two temperature settings, 355F and 430F
- Heats up in just 15 seconds
- Long swivel cord giving you more freedom and control when using the flat iron
- Dual voltage and automatic shutoff after 60 minutes make this one of the best travel flat irons
- Some people felt they did not have enough control over the temperature
- It does not come with a traveling case
Which are the best hair straighteners for travel
What should you look for in the best travel flat iron? Well, there are several variables to consider. Size, heat, dual-voltage and travel bag. Most special travel flat irons are a mini-size so you can pack and carry them easily. This is great, but it means many travel irons are not best for very long or coarse hair. If you have thicker hair, think about getting a full-sized iron that is suitable for travel. Travel irons also tend to have one fixed heat, if you tend to need a particularly low or high heat, look for models with adjustable temperature settings. Also look out for devices that come with a heat-resistant carry pouch and dual voltage to make your traveling easier.
Can you travel with a flat iron?
Yes, you can travel with a flat iron. Most flat irons are suitable to take in carry on luggage on planes, although butane straighteners should go in the hold. In general, due to size, and packing constraints, it is easier to travel with a specially designed travel flat iron which is smaller, lighter and more compact.
Are mini hair straighteners good?
Mini hair straighteners can be great when looking for the best travel hair tool as they pack away easily and allow you to stay styled on the move. The drawback of mini straighteners is that it takes longer to straighten the whole head, as with smaller plates you will likely need to work on smaller strands of hair at one time. That means they are not as well suited for longer hair types.
So make sure you are ready for your next trip with the ultimate flat iron for travel. You don’t have to sacrifice looking and feeling your best when you are on the move! Which model above did you like the best?
What Makes The Mini Flat Iron Good For Traveling?
Are you fond of traveling? Well, you ought to. When you travel, do not ever forget to look your best and impress on your new acquaintances the adorable appearance that you have. How you can do that? Make up? Nice dress? Perfect smile? Of course, those mentioned are necessary. But you missed one thing. Do not ever forget to maintain the beauty of your crowning glory- your hair!
For most people, traveling may give them less time to fix their hair. But for your case, don’t you ever make it a habit of leaving your hair under the care of a hair tie that prohibits you to flaunt its softness and smoothness. There is one way for you to keep your hair look and feel soft, sleek, and smooth. It is nothing else but mini flat iron. You may ask me now what makes it good for a traveler like you. Now, let me tell you its features that surely make it a traveler must-have. Read on.
• Dual Voltage
For those who travel overseas, this feature is best enough to keep the beauty of their hair. So, there is no need to worry even if you cross half of the globe because at the end of the journey you are sure to find your face in the mirror brightened up by your static free or frizz free hair.
• Heats up Within Seconds
Traveling time takes much time, so fixing your hair must be done as quickly as possible. With mini flat iron, you are sure to fix your hair quickly since it can heat up in less than one minute. That is short enough that you can still have time for makeup and other girlie activities.
• Weighs less than 100 grams
Traveling is about enjoying scenery. But how can you enjoy when you heavy luggage? With mini flat iron, you will not seem carrying something because it is super light. It weighs less than 100 grams, that is why it is portable, which will prevent you from having protruded biceps and other muscles after you travel.
• Constant temperature
This feature allows your hair not gets burned. So, while you are styling your hair, you will never worry about burning any strand because the temperature is what you set before you started using it on your hair.
• Smaller plates
This feature is good enough for those who want to add details on their styles. This allows you to be a hair stylist in your own right. Plus, it is fabulous enough for you as traveler to find some to time to fix your hair in a fab style.
• Eliminates frizz and static
This is the most important feature. What for that you bring mini flat iron with you if your hair does not get free from frizz or static. So, do not show the stress caused by traveling in your hair. Get your hair fixed up while enjoying the scenery and beautiful spots in a foreign land.
So, when you travel, do not forget to bring with you your mini flat iron and make your traveling days great hair days.